I wanted to be able to say there was a whole lotta' seaming going on at my house this weekend. It was rainy and cooler, and would have been the perfect weather for the project except for the fact that I was on call, and that kept me just busy enough that I didn't have the uninterrupted stretches of time needed to finish up Tweedy. I did buy
buttons, and got them sewed on, and I got one sleeve set in. To be fair, that took a few tries to get everything matched up just right, as it usually does for me with set-in sleeves. I took notes though, and the second sleeve should go much faster. Then it's just some easy mattress seaming up the sleeves and down the sides, and I'll have a sweater. T -6 days and counting for my self-imposed deadline of finishing before my ski trip.
I was catching up on the knitlist this weekend as well, and noticed that people are talking about the Tesselating Fish Afghan again. I wandered across April's photo last summer and was sorry that the fish pattern had been taken down. It's just so cute! Apparently the pattern is from Knitter's #51, which is out of print and hard to come by, but will be published in one of their next books. Interestingly, one of the knitlisters had mentioned that the pattern for fish is still up on a German blog, and with some crafty Google-ing, I found it here. (The actual German knitalong is hosted here.) So I set to while I was lazily watching TV Saturday night, pulled out my old German textbook, and here's the first little fishy I made of some leftover Koigu. I like it! Last night I added 3 more to the total in a couple of hours. I've been looking through the old stash, and between other Koigu I have from my Charlotte's Web shawl, and some solid sock yarn in the stash, I think I can put together a baby blanket that doesn't necessarily look like it's made with leftovers.